mercoledì 20 marzo 2019

Park Bom comeback with "Spring"...How her voice is changed

Hello everyone! As you well know, during these weeks made the long-awaited comeback our Park Bom, former member of 2NE1 – group that surely you will all know, if not well shame on you, they're the story of kpop xD

I must say her new song is pretty cool, the more I listen to itand the more I love it (and there's my beloved Dara 😍). Of course my favorite Bom's song remains You and I, sorry xD.
But that's not why I decided to write this post.
Her comeback obviously brought the media attention to her. And I have read several comments about the change of her voice over the years, below some videos that I found on youtube.

Some accused YG of having given her a bad vocal coach in the past, who couldn't teach her so her voice was ruined. But I dare to disagree, because I find it not very plausible. Keep in mind that the debuting idols are needed by agencies to earn. Sabotaging her means sabotaging the earnings and interests of YG Ent.

In fact, I think the reason is another.
I state that I have been having singing lessons for nine years but I know that I still have a lot to learn to be perfect, I am not a teacher – but I can say I learned one thing.
There was a constant, something that my teacher repeatedly told me. A fundamental thing that allows the correct exit of the voice, as well as obviously breathing.
As sad as a song may sound, you have to smile, raise your cheekbones.

Those who follow Bom and the 2NE1 saw the evolution of her face.
these are just some photos,
on the net there are many more ...
Before you take the pitchforks my adorable blackjacks, I'm not here to make a pointless controversy about whether she had a plastic surgery or not, or to accuse her or bla bla bla ...

I'm not blaming her or something. In South Korea – as we well know – plastic surgery is practically imprinted in the culture, because they care to much about aesthetic beauty, exteriority and appearance.
I don't know if it was her choice, if it was the agency that imposed it or not... and I don't even care.
But I am convinced that singers and actors should avoid making their faces plastic, a matter of expressiveness and – in the specific case of Bom – to get the voice out correctly.

Perhaps those who don't sing and have never found themselves facing high notes (and not only), don't perceive it, but when I hear her singing I feel a certain effort and I don't speak only of the acute notes. I feel like she can't give 100%.
I'll try to make you understand the concept with some videos, so maybe it's clearer.

in the audition the opening of the mouth while singing the O
is clearly greater than in the second photo,
of 2009 when her transformation was not evident.

same thing for the A, in the audition the mouth is open
while in the 2009 video the lips close slightly
here I also found a video where she was already quite swollen and, 
in the last photo,you can see perfectly that she can't enlarge her lips 
to pronounce E because of her cheekbones.



And I also feel that she can't even articulate the words of her own language.
To articulate I intend to spell it out every words.
As you can see in the video below, while in the audition (she sings in English I know but this was the only video of "before" I could find xD) she spells out every vowel – look at how her lips move, how she enlarges each vowel – in the comeback " Spring "it's evident that she hardly moves her face, or her lips, ahe increases the opening of the mouth only in some notes, and it's a movement barely perceptible.



It's clear that she cannot give everything she could. In fact in Spring there are no particular high notes, only at the end she makes free vocalizations but nothing special that highlights her abilities, unfortunately.
I'm not saying to be rude, I love her songs. I simply think she ruined her vocal potential. It's not a question of having a good coach or not, but of a completely paralyzed face that prevents her from singing as she really could, and from expressing emotions with her face. Yes she looks like a doll in the photos, she's cute, but then it remains a porcelain face and that's it ...
She has a very particular voice and I think it's really a huge shame, a waste of a great gift.

Said this, I'll end this post, hoping that I didn't make anybody angry at me XD

5 commenti:

  1. I also agree. I'm not a long time Bom fan, but the very first performance I saw of her, she just looked extremely strained and stiff. I do think that she has a very nice voice, and I find it very sad that this has happened to her, because she probably had no choice in that. She's still a queen tho!

    RispondiElimina
  2. I recently watched a few episodes of Queendom. And its something I have noticed too.Her singing is still great but not as it used to. Its such a shame because She has such a unique tone which makes her stand out and i've always loved that about her.

    RispondiElimina
  3. I am regular to check every post of this blog as well as its other supportive and knowledgeable informative blog post. I appreciate efforts of owner to deliver such valuable information to people.
    Eyelid surgery

    RispondiElimina
  4. It provides comprehensive knowledge of the subject. Everything written in this blog is close to satisfactory level. I am sure no one can raise any issue about all the information delivered here.
    Breast Reduction Melbourne

    RispondiElimina
  5. Just spent the last two days watching Queendom and this was what was on my mind the whole time. I kept wondering why everyone on the show kept saying she had a great voice etc etc when it was so obvious that she could barely move her jaw to sing. It doesn't sound nice anymore. In fact, it reminds me of some of my stroke patients when they try to talk louder. The facial paralysis on her is very real and much more pronounced then her 2NE1 days. Also very obvious that she's out of breath from just a little bit of movement and that also affects her voice.

    RispondiElimina